[Bgsa] Fwd: Computer Labs Budget Cuts

Carla Essenberg cesse001 at student.ucr.edu
Thu Jun 18 11:49:47 PDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <mturc001 at student.ucr.edu>
Date: Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:18 AM
Subject: Computer Labs Budget Cuts
To: Carla Essenberg <cesse001 at student.ucr.edu>, bgsa at lists.ucr.edu
Cc: "John T. Rotenberry" <John.Rotenberry at ucr.edu>

I just spoke to the computer lab person and this is what will change with
the budget cuts

400pages per quarter   ---->  Now   40  yes  40 pages per quarters
Print quotas might actually go to zero completely   meaning that you won't
able to print anywhere except in the libraries for 10c/page
More small computer labs are closing (eg the one in the bussiness school...)
The big computer lab in Watkins will reduce its hours

I guess the major benefactor of all this is the bookstore which will make a
killing selling ink and paper to students...

mart