[Bgsa] using the xerox machine as a scanner

Carla Essenberg cesse001 at student.ucr.edu
Wed Dec 2 16:31:04 PST 2009

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to several people who let me know that we can indeed use the
xerox machine as a scanner.  I've just tried it out, and it's both
easy and fun!

Although you can probably figure out how to do it on your own in about
10 minutes, here are some step-by-step instructions for those who like
that sort of thing:

1. Press the "Scanner" button on the xerox machine (left of the display).
2. Enter a copy code.
3. Press "manual" entry (towards the middle of the display), enter
your email address, and press "OK"
4. Place your originals on the machine or the feeder and press the
green "Start" button.  You can scan multiple pages this way, and they
will be combined into a single PDF file.  When you've scanned all the
documents you want in a file, press the "#" button on the keypad (the
machine will prompt you to do this).  The file will automatically be
emailed to you.
(Note: if desired, you can have the file formatted as a TIFF or JPEG -
press the "File Name/Type" button on the left side of the display to
select the file type you want)

So there you have it - no more trekking over to the library to wait
for undergraduates to finish reading their email so you can use the
clunky library scanner!  The only shortcoming of the xerox machine, as
far as I can tell, is that it does not appear to do color.  One or two
people have mentioned that they might like to have a color scanner.
If anyone else has thoughts on that, let me know.

Cheers,

Carla

--
Carla Essenberg