[Bgsa] Posting to BGSA and including other recipients

Ian King iking001 at student.ucr.edu
Wed Oct 15 09:40:27 PDT 2008

Hi,
  This is just a reminder to help improve the timely posting of
messages to the BGSA list. If you include any other recipients in
your message, even one, whether in the "To", "Cc" or "Bcc" field,
then a quirk in the system requires that your message goes into list
Purgatory until I approve it. Between a busy field season and
repeatedly banging my head on a PCR machine, I don't get to check the
pending requests as frequently as I would like. So if you want to
send your message to other email addresses in addition to
<bgsa at lists.ucr.edu>, I recommend that you do this as separate emails
- it will take an extra few seconds, but will mean that your message
will go through without requiring my approval. As always, if you
don't see your post to the list appearing in a "timely
fashion" (whatever that is), don't hesitate to email me directly
asking me to approve your message.
That is all.
Ian