[Bgsa] Lunch Bunch

Libby King eking001 at student.ucr.edu
Sat Oct 14 15:14:44 PDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

For anyone who doesn't know, the Lunch Bunch seminar series is organized
by graduate students and this year, it lost its funding source.  There
was a EEOB faculty meeting on Friday and the future of the Lunch Bunch
seminar series was discussed.  The faculty will be asking the dean for
one quarter of funding to bring in outside speakers as this is what
other interdepartmental programs receive.  Until this gets worked out,
we will have to organize lunch bunch without external funding.  This
means it will mainly consist of speakers brought in by the department
for Thursday seminars that are willing to give a second talk and people
on or very near campus.  This quarter, Laurel Salzman and myself have
organized lunch bunch.  The faculty have asked me to find graduate
students who would be willing to organize it for the winter and spring
quarters.  The faculty advisers for those quarters are Derek Roff
(winter) and Doug Altshuler (spring).  They can help out with any
problems.  This is a good opportunity to bring in the kind of speakers
you would like to see.  Also keep in mind that once you have organized
lunch bunch, you won't have to do it again.  Let me know if you would
like to volunteer for either quarter.

Thanks,
Libby

Elizabeth King