[Bgsa] New BNN Staff Employee - Administrative Analyst

Paula Southard paula.southard at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 6 14:11:05 PST 2006

Hi all-

I am please to announce that we have hired a replacement for the
analyst position vacated by Jeri Haley.

Her name is Virginia Alvarado and she comes to us from the County of San Diego.

Virginia Alvarado has a Bachelor of Science in Economics, she was on
the Dean's List from UCR, plus has completed several University
Extension courses.  Virginia has over ten years experience in
financial management and accounting in government, principles and
practices of accounting, multiple fund budgets, budget development,
forecasting and working knowledge in contract and grant administration.

Virginia currently works for the County of San Diego in Housing and
Community Development, monitors grand funds for construction
projects, prepare financial reports to Housing and Urban Department,
monthly financial report of $152 million multiple fund budget.  She
has extensive use of Excel spreadsheet for budget preparation,
Oracle, BRASS and PeopleSoft.
She previously worked for the City of Riverside in Public Works
Department Administration and Engineering, managed and prepared a
large complex operations budget of $67 million for seven divisions
with 300 funded positions, including Capital Improvement Program budget.

Virginia resides in Temecula.

The interview committee is very please with this recruitment.

If you have any further questions, please contact Patti Baxter.

We are really looking forward to Virginia joining our BNN Team.   Her
starting date is Monday, November 27, 2006.

Please drop by on November 27 and introduce yourself to Virginia.

Thanks,

Paula

Paula Southard
Department Administrator /
Financial & Administrative Officer
Department of Biology
Department of Cell Biology & Neuroscience
The Natural Reserve System
Interdepartmental Graduate Programs:
Cell, Molecular, & Developmental Biology
Environmental Toxicology
Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology
Neuroscience
University of California
Riverside, CA  92521
VOICE:  (951) 827-5902