[Bgsa] Moving: yard sale and house for rent

Andrew Stoehr andrew.stoehr at email.ucr.edu
Wed Aug 9 15:30:04 PDT 2006

We will be moving around the end of August, which means two things: we
are going to have a yard sale to get rid of some things, and our house
will probably be up for rent soon afterwards as well.

The Yard Sale:  We want to have our yard sale on Saturday, August 19.
It will probably not be a very big sale, but we will have a few
household odds and ends, a bit of outdoor gardening stuff and a number
of books.  More specifically:

Among the household things, we'll have a nice computer desk appropriate
for the corner of a room, maybe a Kenmore washer and dryer (gas), a
small wooden four drawer desk (in very nice shape), and odds and ends.
We need to get rid of this stuff, we won't be asking too much for them.

Among the outdoor stuff, probably some flowerpots and plants (many
probably free), shovel, rake, wheel barrow.

Books will include a number of science and/or nature type books that
might be of interest to some of you.  Many of these will probably be
free as well.

We might also consider the possibility of letting people bring their
own yard sale stuff over to sell, so let me know if you are interested
in doing that.

The house:  We're at 1953 Prince Albert Drive, which is off of Ottawa,
which is near the intersection of Chicago and Martin Luther King Blvd.
The house is very large, with four bedrooms and a small basement that
could perhaps serve as a small fifth bedroom.  There is a non-attached
two car garage, large front and back yards, a nice large park behind
the house, a quiet area with very friendly neighbors, and it is within
biking (but probably not walking) distance to UCR and the Canyon Crest
town center.  The downside is that it is not air conditioned - it is
well shaded and can tolerate some heat, but we got window air
conditioners for the real hot spell.

If you'd like to see the house, let  me know.  The property management
company put a "for rent" sign out front, so you can call them as well
but I want to show them that we are trying to advertise the house as
well because we're trying to negotiate a break on our last two weeks of
the lease - so if you do call them, please let them know I told you
about it!!

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew M. Stoehr