[Bgsa] TRASH IN HALLWAYS

Dan Rios danrios at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 23 14:15:02 PST 2005

TO:     BIOLOGY PERSONNEL
         CBN PERSONNEL
         BIO GRAD STUDENTS
         CBN GRAD STUDENTS

While touring Spieth and Boyce over the past few days with off-campus
vendors, it seems that building tenants in both departments have developed
a bad habit of placing trash, primarily cardboard boxes, in building
corridors for custodians to collect.  It would appear that Building
Services has spoiled us by allowing us to conduct this practice however,
the appearance of trash in our hallways is unsightly and suggests a
less-than-professional atmosphere.  Also, in the event of an emergency
especially, in Spieth where we have classrooms, discarded boxes may create
an egress problem.

Therefore, in an effort to prevent unsightly conditions and maintain clear
building corridors, whenever possible, please save excess boxes in your lab
or office until 5:00 PM or whenever you leave for the day.

As you know, campus buildings are open to the general public so, placing
discarded boxes (flattened, of course) in hallways as late in the day as
possible will help to maintain uncluttered building corridors during the
majority of the business day.

Your cooperation is appreciated.....

Best regards and have a great holiday.......Dan

Dan Rios
Facilities Coordinator/Laboratory Safety Officer
Departments of:
         Biology
         Cell Biology & Neuroscience
         UC Natural Reserves System