[Bgsa] TERMINATIONS - BUILDING SECURITY

Dan Rios danrios at ucr.edu
Mon Jun 13 11:57:13 PDT 2005

TO:     BIOLOGY PERSONNEL
         CBN PERSONNEL
         BIO GRAD STUDENTS
         CBN GRAD STUDENTS

In the event an employee or student is leaving your lab or office for the
summer (or permanently), please ensure that he/she sees me to return
buildings keys.  Far too often, students leave campus without returning
building keys thereby, leaving administrators in a quandary:  Did they take
the keys with them?  Did they leave them with someone  (possibly for less
than appropriate intentions)?  Were the keys lost?  Do we need to rekey?

Hopefully, you can understand our concern when a student or employee leaves
campus without returning building keys.  As you might surmise, the
potential for keys falling into the wrong hands presents a serious security
breech to our offices, laboratories and buildings.

Your cooperation and attention to this matter is appreciated.

Regards, Dan

Dan Rios
Facilities Coordinator/Laboratory Safety Officer
Departments of:
         Biology
         Cell Biology & Neuroscience
         UC Natural Reserves System