[Bgsa] [Campusservices] ANNUAL STEAM PLANT SHUTDOWN NOTICE

Deborah Pecora deborah.pecora at ucr.edu
Fri Jun 3 13:30:02 PDT 2005

TO:     BIOLOGY PERSONNEL
         CBN PERSONNEL
         BIO GRAD STUDENTS
         CBN GRAD STUDENTS

THE ANNUAL SHUTDOWN OF THE STEAM PLANT AND

STEAM DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM

will begin at

5PM on Sunday June 12, 2005

and will be turned back on in the

morning of Monday June 20, 2005.

This shutdown will affect domestic hot water heating, space heating reheat
water, glass washing, cage washing and steam sterilization equipment.

This shutdown is necessary to perform maintenance on our four main campus
boilers,   and over one mile of steam and condensate piping on our campus.

This time of year is chosen because of the relatively low activity on
campus, and optimal weather conditions.

If you have any questions, please contact:

Pat Simone

Assistant Director for Energy and Utilities Operations

psimone at citrus.ucr.edu

Phone      (951) 827-6464

Fax           (951) 827-5404

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.