[Bgsa] Faculty meeting notes

Greg Russell gruss001 at student.ucr.edu
Thu Jan 27 19:16:30 PST 2005

Hi guys,

First off, thanks to Dan for taking care of this problem quickly.
Next, I have just a few small snippets from this afternoon's faculty
meeting.  The faculty was (surprisingly) acutely aware of the problems
we've had with the grad student computer room.  I informed them that
the computers are still quite useful even if they're offline so Rich
said he would make sure they are cleaned up and updated but from now on
they will be offline.  That's the good news:  we will be getting a
network printer soon and we will be getting a scanner/printer for the
computer room.  Cool huh?  But Rich wants a graduate student on the
"computer committee".  I didn't even know there was someone on the
computer committee.  Anyway, I see this as being a low impact position
that would look great on a CV, so....any volunteers?  Rich would like a
volunteer or name as soon as possible.  Seeing as how many of you have
much more computer savvy than me, I think someone else should do it,
but a volunteer would be great.

That's all I have.  Another reminder: if you have any old posters,
please give them to Paula or someone in the office so they can be
displayed in Spieth's main hallway.  Oh, and sign up for coffee hour!
Thanks to Kim O. for providing the great cookies today!  The faculty
descended upon them like vultures.  No leftovers :(

OK guys, talk to you soon--Greg
Greg Russell
Graduate Student
Department of Biology