[Bgsa] Intelligent Design...coming to a doctor's office near you

Sharon Coe coes01 at student.ucr.edu
Tue Apr 26 18:12:36 PDT 2005

Hey everyone,

A medical doctor of Len Nunney's is an Intelligent
Design advocate. In fact, Len invited everyone 2 few years
ago to an ID talk his doctor was giving on campus...at which
Len, and many others, got a chance to express their opposing
opinions.

However, not until today did I realize that encountering a
doctor, at least in the Riverside/San Bernardino area, who
openly talks about ID during office visits, is not uncommon.
It has now happened to me, and I have heard that two other
grad students in our department have experienced this.

It was a pretty bizarre and somewhat disturbing experience.
I assume the fact that I am a PhD candidate in Biology
peaked his interest. I took it as an opportunity to learn
more about the ID viewpoint, which I will consider useful
should I have more experiences with ID people. However, it
was so unprofessional as to be laughable!! At least one of
the things this doctor said in our conversation was "So, you
would be ok with someone raping a child? You wouldn't feel
bad about that?" I think he was trying to say that religion
is a moral code and without religion there can be no moral
code.

All I wanted was some good medical advice and I get this??

So, for what it's worth, I thought someone might get
something out of a potential forwarning!!

Sharon

Sharon Coe
PhD Candidate
Department of Biology