[Bgsa] Promiddy! Prom! Prom!

Dan Bumbarger bumbad01 at student.ucr.edu
Tue Apr 5 14:46:26 PDT 2005

Well, it is time. Prom is this saturday!

Things will be kicking off at about 8:00. This one looks to be as big
or bigger than ever!
It will be at 644 sandalwood court. There is a map at the end of the
email.
This Year's Theme is "A Night in Perris!". Colors are Rouge and Teal.
The Prom song is "Hold on to the Nights" by Richard Marx. Yeah, You
heard me right!

Much is in the works for decorations... I can't give away too much but
they will involve a parachute, candles, some professional quality
imitation Lake Perris graffiti and some newly purchased special effects
devices. Rumor has it there will be some sort of sculpture made out of
some sort of perishable item. Also, A 12 inch disco ball! I've said too
much already. You don't want to miss it.

Attire is thrift store formal. You better be lookin' good if you want
to be voted in as this year's Prom Royalty! Last Year's King, Darren
Pagnac, will be on hand to pass on the crown (provided we can supply
him with the appropriate pain killers...). Try and be there by midnight
if you want to vote and/or be considered for the honor. Rob's Vintique
on Magnolia had some SWEET tuxedo shirts if you were lookin'.

We now officially have tickets for sale at $10 a pop. Purchase price
includes a copy of this year's Prom CD. This year's CD is a little
different from the past, with a little bit more recent music. Some Boy
Bands, some Jock Rock, a hair band ballad or two and some misc.
Frenchie songs for good measure. Good stuff. Ticket sales will help us
cover some, but not all, of the expenses. The more we raise, the more
we spend! A couple hundred bucks will be for decorations and getting
the CD's together, the rest of it will go towards a Special Recipe
punch (more than 7 gallons worth), some cheap bear and some other
alcoholic beverages. If you plan on buying a ticket, it would help if
you did so sooner rather than later so we know how much cash money we
have to spend.  They can be purchased from Robin, Mandy, or Libby in
2338 spieth, or Dan in 3332 spieth. Maybe from Darren? Maybe from Peter
Jenson?  You can try, it won't hurt. Anyone else want to peddle any? I
also have 3 of last year's CD in my office, free to who wants them with
ticket purchase... They are collectors items!

I hope to see everyone there. Again, I do not have most people's email
addresses so please spread this to anyone who you think would
appreciate the madness.

Dan Bumbarger
PhD Candidate
Departments of Biology and Nematology