[BFASA] Winter Quarter in the ARC!

Bfasa bfasa at ucr.edu
Fri Jan 12 09:22:25 PST 2024

Dear Campus Partners,

Happy New Year! I hope you all enjoyed the winter break and that your winter quarter is off to a great start. Here in the Academic Resource Center (ARC), we are excited to continue supporting UCR’s undergraduate students. Please share the information below with students, staff, and faculty in your area.

ARC Successful Student Conference – On Saturday, January 20th, we are hosting the ARC Successful Student Conference, “Shine a Light on Your Academic Success”! Please share the attached flyer and registration link (https://forms.gle/q3HdJJRbEk8jQG639) with students in your area.

ARC Job Fair – We are hosting a student employee job fair on Wednesday, January 31st from 12:00 pm until 2:00 pm. Students will be able to learn about our student employee positions and have an opportunity to apply for jobs. Refreshments will be served.

Supplemental Instruction (SI) & Tutoring – The ARC supports over 80 courses per quarter with SI and tutoring. The schedules for spring quarter can be found here: https://arc.ucr.edu/tap and https://arc.ucr.edu/si#schedule.

Assistance, Coaching, & Encouragement (ACE) – The ACE program pairs students with a Peer Mentor who supports them in developing an action plan for success. Students can now register for the Winter 2024 ACE Intake Sessions<https://forms.gle/paDyyt5S6BNCzmzz5>.

ARC Mindful Study Sessions – Come learn how to study effectively using the Pomodoro Technique! Mindful Study Sessions be on Thursdays from 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm in the ARC, starting January 18th. Coffee and tea will be provided.

ARC Presentations & Workshops – The start of a new quarter is the perfect time to remind the students, staff, and faculty in your area about the ARC’s programs and services. You can request a workshop or presentation by completing an submitting a request form: https://arc.ucr.edu/request. Please allow at least 2 weeks lead time for the request.

Feel free to contact me if there are any questions!

Rena M. Roberts, Ed.D.
Director, Academic Resource Center
University of California, Riverside
Ph:  951.827.5315