[BFASA] Invitation to UCR Black Faculty for a conversation with Dr. Leslie Gonzales 4/25

Victorino Moreira victor.moreira at ucr.edu
Wed Apr 17 20:08:24 PDT 2024

Hello BFASA Faculty,

Please take a look at the message below and attached flyer.

Best,

Dear UCR Faculty Colleague,

We invite you to engage in a discussion about Academic Career Progress and Trajectory with Dr. Leslie Gonzales<https://coe.arizona.edu/epsp> on Thursday, April 25 from 1:30-2:30 in HUB 379. We will provide tea, coffee, and baked goods.  This will be a space to support UCR faculty who identify as a woman of color, and we hope that this will lead to more spaces to support the broader diversity represented in our growing UCR faculty community.

Please RSVP for the discussion here<https://forms.gle/dYmHZmFK4PfE2rZR9> and forward this invitation to any colleagues who would appreciate being in this space. We apologize for any cross-postings as we work to reach our diverse UCR faculty.

Dr. Gonzales (Professor and Department Head of Educational Leadership & Policy and the Director of the Center for the Study of Higher Education at the University of Arizona) will be visiting UCR on April 24-25, 2024.  Dr. Gonzales is an expert in the complexities of diversity and equity in higher education, focusing on hiring and advancement at universities.

Her seminar entitled Advancing Diversity through Epistemic Inclusion - Insights from Research and Practice will occur on April 24 (Wednesday) from 3:30-4:30 in the Genomics Auditorium.

We hope you will join us for Dr. Gonzalez's seminar and this discussion.

Sincerely,

Loralee Larios for the ARA working group

RSVP here

[https://lh7-us.googleusercontent.com/i2taMSzLTKWoYE2kIBYMQcjIFljI-Sjm8ye24TkQXIjBlIQyRRQQRxHEf2WQugDb4dN2x1x9pZ-N66EYZxk0Y6Tdj2gEYpZMmZVwVAkfW06EeBFquLev74_DNY8aXtUbIUz5RT7fcuJNhq37TB01djI]