[BFASA] 2023-2024 Green Book

Bfasa bfasa at ucr.edu
Wed Aug 23 15:58:37 PDT 2023

Greetings Colleagues,

Continuing the great work of the Black Student Experience Workgroup, ASP put together a survey that will collect information of all of the Black faculty and staff members on our campus to share with our scholars called, The Green Book. The Green Book is an opportunity for our Black scholars to connect and engage with Black folx who are champions for them! The Green Book is named after the Negro Motorist Green Book, a guidebook first published in 1936 that many Black travelers would use to locate safe spaces while on the road during the Jim Crow Era. The brainchild of a Harlem-based postal carrier named Victor Hugo Green, the Negro Motorist Green Book saved the lives of many Black travelers during that time; we hope that our Green Book can provide safe spaces for our Black scholars to feel seen, heard, and loved while on campus. This guide<https://forms.gle/Vrdj7vYNHoHRPSBx9> is completely opt-in and if folx are not comfortable sharing their information that is totally fine. We are asking for folx to have this completed before September 5th. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Onward and Upward,

Jamal J. Myrick, Ed.D.
Director of African Student Programs
Pronouns: He/Him/His
900 University Ave.
133 Costo Hall
Riverside, CA, 92521
Schedule a meeting with me: https://bit.ly/2Qupy8g

Tel: (951) 827-5750

[cid:577ec558-e029-4310-9629-843d978063a1]

“Every moment is an opportunity for progression.”
[cid:b0e3ebbb-9844-40d8-b123-3de74fa84d30]