[BFASA] FW: Upcoming Event via UC Merced - Disability Activism

Victorino Moreira victor.moreira at ucr.edu
Thu Oct 27 15:01:33 PDT 2022

Hello Everyone,

Please see the attached flyer for a virtual taking place via UC Merced.

Best,

From: blacatuc at googlegroups.com <blacatuc at googlegroups.com> on behalf of Maria Martin <mmartin360 at ucmerced.edu>
Date: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 4:48 PM
To: blacatuc at googlegroups.com <blacatuc at googlegroups.com>
Subject: Upcoming Event
Greetings,

Please do share the attached event.

Our theme for the year is Disability Activism and we are having a series of speakers devoted to that topic.

Our second talk is 11/4/22 with Elisabete Dobbins. She has been actively advocating for the disabled community in Merced, California for many years. She is the COO and Director of the Haven which is a day program for special needs individuals. She works to bridge the gap between the community and the individuals she serves. In this talk she will share her experiences with us from many years of serving special needs individuals.

A flier is attached.

Please register here and share broadly:

 https://ucmerced.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZApdO-tqzspEtGggHIOKr6LNrBvLFCDjAUo

Welcome! You are invited to join a meeting: Advocacy for the Disabled in Merced. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.<https://ucmerced.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZApdO-tqzspEtGggHIOKr6LNrBvLFCDjAUo>
Elisabete Dobbins has been actively advocating for the disabled community in Merced, California for many years. She is the COO and Director of the Haven which is a day program for special needs individuals. She works to bridge the gap between the community and the individuals she serves. In this talk she will share her experiences with us from many years of serving special needs individuals.
ucmerced.zoom.us

Thank you,

[https://emailsignature.ucmerced.edu.672elmp01.blackmesh.com/ucm_seal.png]
 MARIA MARTIN

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
HISTORY/CRITICAL RACE AND ETHNIC STUDIES

5200 Lake Road | Merced, California 95343
mmartin360 at ucmerced.edu
BUILDING THE FUTURE IN THE HEART OF CALIFORNIA