[BFASA] Signing Off

Dennis Frederick McIver dennis.mciver at ucr.edu
Fri Oct 7 17:04:28 PDT 2022

Hi Everyone,

If you haven’t had a chance to hear, today marks my final day at UCR. I will be starting at UC Office of the President on Monday. I’ll have a chance to develop the Employee Resource Groups at UCOP as their EDIB Program Manager. It isn’t a stretch to describe this newest opportunity as a dream role because it matches so much of what the past few years have been for me.

For all of the good work and progress that has happened, I still vividly remember where so much of it started. And for me that was BFASA when someone nominated me as Chair in 2019.  It’s been a pleasure to see how far we’ve come over less than four years too.

I wanted to thank you all sincerely for your engagement, your encouragement and support of the organization. It may not always seem like it, but every meeting you attend, every offer of support you give, and every resource you offer to BFASA makes the work a little more worthwhile. More than that, thank you for being friends to me and to each other.

I also wanted to thank the countless BFASA members who rose to the call (and my voluntelling, haha) to serve. It can be hard to do this work but I’ve remained impressed with the incredible legacy developing.

As I move on to the next chapter, I hope you’ll support Victor, Desmond, DuBron and Paige as they continue to lead BFASA. Besides being incredible people, they are equally incredible friends and we are lucky to have them. I also hope you’ll consider supporting our friends in ASP, Black Alumni Chapter and NSBE where you can as well.

Thank you for building and protecting this amazing community that we have. I hope you’ll reach out if there’s a place I can help or support. I’m not that hard to find!<https://www.dennismciver.com/>

Take good care,

Dennis