[BFASA] BFASA Invited to Black Student Success Coordinator Interviews

Paige Mejia paige.mejia at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 2 10:36:17 PDT 2022

Dear All,
BFASA has been invited to a special opportunity to meet and interview the top three Black Student Success Coordinators. This brand-new position is crucial for our campus to be able to retain and support black students here at UCR.  If you have the availability in your schedule, please try to meet these candidates either over zoom or in person. Feel free to reach out to Chanel with any questions you may have.

A Zoom option is also available
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/98972035269?pwd=blBJT0Y4cUVvVXlwTXhjMDNiL1hFUT09
Meeting ID: 989 7203 5269
Passcode: 856741

Monday, November 7th  - Candidate #1

  *   10:30 AM - 11:30AM - Presentation: the Vision of Black Student Success at UCR (Tartan & Tweed room, Student Services Building)
  *   11:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Meet with BFASA (Tartan & Tweed Room, Student Services Building)
Tuesday, November 8th  - Candidate #2

  *   10:30 AM - 11:30AM - Presentation: the Vision of Black Student Success at UCR (Tartan & Tweed room, Student Services Building)
  *   11:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Meet with BFASA (Tartan & Tweed Room, Student Services Building)
Wednesday, November 9th  - Candidate #3

  *   10:30 AM - 11:30AM - Presentation: the Vision of Black Student Success at UCR (Tartan & Tweed room, Student Services Building)
  *   11:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Meet with BFASA (Tartan & Tweed Room, Student Services Building)

Regards,

Paige Mejia | Secretary, 2022-2023
Vice-Chair, 2021-2022
Treasurer, 2019-2021
P: 951.827.5935 | E: bfasa at ucr.edu<mailto:bfasa at ucr.edu>| BFASA Website<https://diversity.ucr.edu/black-faculty-and-staff-association>

[cid:image001.png at 01D8EEA6.EF239CE0]

Hi Everybody!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far. Im reaching out on behalf of the committee for the Black Student Success Coordinator position that is being recruited for under Undergraduate Education. It is a brand new position on campus and a crucial one for our students and campus community.

We will be conducting 2nd round interviews with our 3 finalists next week and have included a 30 minute session for the finalists to meet with BFASA. We really value your input and feedback on these candidates as we know this position will be working very closely with BFASA, ASP, and the Black community at UCR overall.

The dates and times below are for the candidate presentation and  BFASA sessions of the interview schedule. Please feel free to forward the invitation through the listserv and we really hope that some members of the executive board are able to make it as well. Also please share with any specific Black faculty members that you feel would be particularly interested in attending.

[...]

Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Thank you!

Best,

Chanel Parrish, MA (she/her)
Human Resources Coordinator
F.A.S.T | Finance & Administrative Services Team
Enrollment Services
University of California, Riverside
Phone: (951)827-3834 | Email: chanel.parrish at ucr.edu<mailto:chanel.parrish at ucr.edu>