[BFASA] Register before it is too late! UCR's CEO/CBO Admissions Events: Career Fair and UC College Access Fair March 27-28

Allura Davis allura.davis at ucr.edu
Wed Mar 23 17:10:50 PDT 2022

Good afternoon,

My name is Allura Davis and I am the Community Engagement and Outreach (CEO) unit Assistant Director here at UC Riverside's Undergraduate Admissions office. I am reaching out to all of you to invite you to register and attend a couple of upcoming virtual events seen below/attached. As UCR prides itself on diversity and community, the CEO unit recruits and outreaches to historically underrepresented minorities and we have focused many of our efforts on the prospective African American/Black commUNITY and I'd love your support and participation in those efforts. Please see a couple of upcoming virtual events below:

The Council of African American Parents (CAAP) Career Fair is this weekend! If you or any prospective students are interested in this event feel free to forward and encourage their registration and attendance to the Career Fair on Sunday, March 27th from 3-5pm. Join the Council of African American Parents volunteers for the 2022 CAAP Career Fair to learn and hear from CAAP Alumni their Keynote Speakers. Register by submitting your email here: https://ucr.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zcIRhUYzSH-70E5dWCyTzw. To learn more about CAAP visit them here: https://councilofafricanamericanparents.org/.

I have attached the CAAP Career Fair flyer and added the following details below - again, please feel free to forward to your networks and any students that may be interested in hearing from these amazing keynote speakers to learn more about the Council of African American Parents. Thank you!

DATE/TIME: Sunday, March 27, 2022 3pm - 5pm

LOCATION: Virtual/Zoom (registration required) - https://ucr.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zcIRhUYzSH-70E5dWCyTzw

TARGET AUDIENCE: K-12 students and parent/guardians

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D83ED8.EF31B560]
[cid:image007.jpg at 01D83ED8.EF31B560]<https://tinyurl.com/ucrwba>
The Willie B. Adkins (WBA) UC College Access Fair is a new event request coming from the needs of the WBA Scholars in Northern California! If you or any prospective students in this area (Berkeley, Stockton, etc.) are interested in learning more about the UC system from almost all of our University of California Undergraduate Admissions staff and students that also recruit URM students in the Black/African American community, please register for this free event hosted by UC Riverside's Undergraduate Admissions - Community Engagement and Outreach (CEO) unit here: https://tinyurl.com/ucrwba (Registration closes soon)

Once registered WBA and UCR's CEO unit will send each student the events virtual zoom link to attend The UC College Access Fair on Monday, March 28th from 3:30pm - 5pm. To learn more about WBA visit them here: https://williebadkins.com/.

I have attached the WBA UC College Access Fair flyer and added the details below - again, please feel free to forward to your networks and any students in the Northern California area that may be interested in hearing from our specialized Admissions professionals in the UC system. Thank you!

DATE/TIME: Monday, March 28, 2022 3:30pm - 5pm

LOCATION: Virtual/Zoom (registration required) - https://tinyurl.com/ucrwba

TARGET AUDIENCE: Northern California Black/African American and URM 8-12th grade, WBA Scholars and parent/guardians

Looking forward to seeing many of you very soon!

Thank you,
Allura Davis, M.Ed.
Assistant Director, Community Engagement and Outreach (CEO<https://admissions.ucr.edu/community-engagement-outreach>)
Umoja Coordinator
Undergraduate Admissions
900 University Ave.
3106 Student Services Building
Riverside, CA 92521
Phone 1: (951) 827-6710  | Fax: (951) 827-6344| Email: Allura.Davis at ucr.edu<mailto:Allura.Davis at ucr.edu>
www.admissions.ucr.edu <http://www.admissions.ucr.edu > | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucradmissions> | Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/lifeatucr/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/lifeatucr> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucradmissions> | Blue, Gold and BLACK Podcast<https://admissions.ucr.edu/bluegoldblack>
[cid:image001.png at 01D6BF33.ECFA9210]
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 public health crisis, undergraduate admissions office is operating remotely and available to assist you via admissions at ucr.edu<mailto:admissions at ucr.edu>. For more information please visit Campus Return<https://campusreturn.ucr.edu/> and COVID-19<https://ehs.ucr.edu/coronavirus?_ga=2.163297276.1795252601.1584044377-1310035204.1581612439>. We continue to update admissions.ucr.edu with information for prospective students and My.UCR.edu<my.ucr.edu> for admitted students.