[BFASA] FW: Spring Quarter in the ARC!

Bfasa bfasa at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 5 11:28:41 PDT 2022

Dear Campus Partners,

I hope that your spring quarter is off to a great start! Please see the information below regarding the ARC's programming for spring quarter. Additional information can be found on our website (https://arc.ucr.edu/) and social media accounts (Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ucrarc, Twitter: https://twitter.com/ucrarc, Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ucriversidearc/, SnapChat: UCRARC).

The ARC is Hiring!
The ARC's programs are hiring for the summer and fall terms. All of the ARC's programs and the front desk are hiring student employees for the upcoming terms. Students can apply through Handshake on the Career Center's website.

Transfer Success Programs
Graduate & Professional School Series
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER<https://ucrlc.wufoo.com/forms/graduate-professional-school-series/>
The Graduate School Seminar Series is designed to help transfer students break down the graduate/professional school process. During this 3-part seminar series, students will gain confidence in researching programs for graduate studies, become knowledgeable of the application process (including letters of recommendation, the personal statement, and graduate school exams), and have an opportunity to hear from current graduate students about the grad school experience and application process.
Transfer Students' Reading Series
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER<https://ucrlc.wufoo.com/forms/transfer-students-reading-series/>
Reading is interactive. To develop this interaction, we acquire and learn skills and strategies that form our reading practices. This reading series is intended to highlight services, strategies, skills, and types of reading that will be essential to navigating conventional texts and conversations in your disciplines.
Transfer Student Check-in
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER<https://ucrlc.wufoo.com/forms/transfer-student-checkin/>
Join Transfer Success Program and African Student Programs for an opportunity to connect and engage with your transfer peers while discussing your transfer student experience thus far in the quarter. You will gather and share helpful campus resources and get a chance to win a raffle prize!

Writing and Reading Support Programs
The ARC is offering a number of workshops that address various parts of the writing process and reading skills. Workshop topics include sentence structure, writing styles (APA and MLA), and reading to understand. Feel free to share the attached flyer with students.

ARC Advisory Committees
The ARC is looking for students, staff, and faculty to serve on our advisory committees (the faculty and staff committee and the student committee). If you're interested or know of anyone that might be interested, feel free to send me an email.

Feel free to contact me if there are any questions. Thank you for your time.

Rena M. Burton
Director, Academic Resource Center
University of California, Riverside
Ph:  951.827.5315