[BFASA] FW: Meeting Recap: Black Study Initiative -Updated

Paige M McGee paige.mcgee at ucr.edu
Fri Jun 11 08:42:03 PDT 2021

Dear All,
My apologies, it was brought to my attention that I placed the video link where the petition link should be. Below is the updated info.

Dear BFASA,
It was a pleasure seeing some of you for our final meeting of the 2020-21 academic year. For those of you who were not able to attend the meeting, we had an open discussion with the Chair of the Black Study Initiative, Dr. João Costa Vargas, and the group about the Black Studies department proposal; I have provided the link to the discussion below. Also, included in this email are the awesome zoom backgrounds created by Toi and are free for your use.  Lastly, if you have not had the chance to and are willing to sign the petition to support the creation of a Department of Black Study, the link is also provided below. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email us at bfasa at ucr.edu<mailto:bfasa at ucr.edu>.

  *   Black Studies zoom discussion link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cy8kwGPHx35uPQ_j5KhlGC1RTyNMbDv8/view?usp=sharing
  *   Black Studies Petition: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_j5D3MOLsYd-Qu6Sj4E5PMRRcJSWuPvVLDnQGrNIMeR8JeQ/viewform
  *   June 9, 2021 Meeting Recording (full): https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/play/L2FFLCFR2L7yAk9vCaEFUYlzjCFC2LOacfjCxE5cb9iBqX7JtDIq1o_g9TyDQvbVJ4fXxElbEkRYeNBM.8svTxqtj9b9UID49

Regards,

Paige MD McGee | Research Administrator II
Treasurer, Black Faculty and Staff Association
University of California, Riverside-Entomology
951.827.2344 |  paige.mcgee at ucr.edu<mailto:paige.mcgee at ucr.edu>
BFASA Website<https://diversity.ucr.edu/black-faculty-and-staff-association> | Entomology Website<https://entomology.ucr.edu/>| ENTM Inclusivity Scholarship<https://entomology.ucr.edu/inclusivity-entomology>

Virtually stop by my office via Zoom: https://ucr.zoom.us/my/paigesofficehours
Zoom office hours: Tue/Thu: 10:00am-12:00pm and 2:00pm-4:00pm Mon/Wed/Fri: 2:00pm-4:00pm

[cid:image001.png at 01D75E8F.33B89CB0]