[BFASA] BFASA BHM Events

Chanel Parrish chanel.parrish at ucr.edu
Fri Feb 5 09:51:07 PST 2021

Hi BFASA Family,

Happy Black History Month!

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D6FB12.4699B570]

As we all know, the celebration of Black history should not be confined to a just these 28 days a year, but it should always be a constant celebration and admiration of our history, our ancestors, our achievements, and our strength. I hope we all take time this month….and next month….and every month to celebrate each other and our greatness.

February BFASA Events

Lunchtime Trivia – BHM Edition

  *   Friday, February 5 | 12:00 pm
  *   Virtual Meeting: Zoom Link<https://ucr.zoom.us/j/98194379115?pwd=Y05VRWlzS3c0UWwvNmNnNk5qcGFzQT09>
  *   Join Staff Assembly President Dennis McIver for a Black History session of Lunchtime Trivia! Test your knowledge for a chance to win prizes.

BFASA General Meeting

  *   Wednesday, February 10 | 11:00am
  *   Virtual Meeting: Link will be sent out closer to the date

Sister Lunch

  *   Thursday, February 11 | 12:00pm
  *   Virtual Meeting: Link will be sent out closer to the date
  *   This month the Sister Lunch will be in conjuncture with Black Queens Week. Join us for lunch where we’ll also have some of our young scholars in attendance.

Men’s Lunch

  *   Wednesday, February 17 | 12:00pm
  *   Virtual Meeting: https://ucr.zoom.us/j/4339673985
  *   Join our Black men as they come together with our young scholars for their monthly lunch.

So Let’s talk About It: The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade

  *   Wednesday, February 24 | 12:00pm
  *   Virtual Meeting: https://ucr.zoom.us/j/4339673985
  *   Join BFASA Vice Chair, Victor Moreira, for a dialogue about the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade.

I encourage everyone to also find some time to support our campus partners and their events this month. Check in with African Student Programs, the LGBT Resource Center, Black Alumni Chapter, & Staff Assembly for more BHM  events and information.

Also, on the horizon, save the date for our To Boldy Go: A Conversation with Dr. Michael Brown on Being Black in Higher Education.

  *   Thursday, March 4 | 2pm
  *   Register Here: https://events.ucr.edu/event/to_boldly_go_a_conversation_with_dr_michael_brown_on_being_black_in_higher_education#.YBs-q-hKiUk

[cid:image003.png at 01D6FBA3.FD1940E0]

Hope you all have a great Friday and a good weekend! 😊

“We are our ancestors wildest dreams” – Maya Angelou

Best,

Chanel Parrish (She/her/hers)
Finance & Administrative Coordinator
Chair, UCR Black Faculty & Staff Association<https://diversity.ucr.edu/black-faculty-and-staff-association> (BFASA) 2020-2021