[BFASA] Advancing Inclusivity in Entomology Scholarship

Paige M McGee paige.mcgee at ucr.edu
Fri Apr 9 10:26:56 PDT 2021

Dear BFASA,
Please share within your networks! This is a great opportunity to get some of scholars interested in Entomology research.

Advancing Inclusivity in Entomology Scholarship
The Department of Entomology at UCR invites applications from undergraduate students for our Inclusivity Fellowship Program to conduct laboratory research in entomology at UCR. We recognize that there are marginalized groups that face systemic barriers throughout their academic journeys. An award of $1000 will be provided to an undergraduate student that has faced or addressed social, cultural, and financial barriers to participation in research. The funds are meant to support their ability to participate in laboratory research under the guidance of a Department of Entomology principal investigator. Faculty members at UCR may provide additional research support and will provide mentorship.

Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm on Friday, May 14th, 2021

Who can apply? Undergraduate students enrolled at colleges and universities in Southern California.

Where to apply and details for application: https://entomology.ucr.edu/inclusivity-entomology [cid:8C2997AB-C13F-41C3-A9A5-5116FFD14867]