[BFASA] ASP Spotlight Series!

Chanel J Parrish chanel.parrish at ucr.edu
Mon Aug 24 09:39:52 PDT 2020

Hi BFASA Family,

During our last BFASA meeting, I mentioned how ASP is working on a spotlight series for our instagram for Black scholars and members of BFASA. We are looking for at least 10 Black faculty and staff to participate in this experience. This is an opportunity to showcase our Black faculty and staff members who are willing to support our incoming Black scholars.

What we're looking for:

  *   One of professional photo and one fun photo
  *   Preferred Name, Pronouns, Title, Department, contact information
  *   Answers to the following questions:

     *   What is your biggest dream for Black scholars here at UCR?
     *    What is one thing that people do not know about you?

  *   Each feature will occur every Monday
  *   Deadline: August 26th by 12p
  *   Email this information to our student staff member, David Ifediba at difed001 at ucr.edu<mailto:difed001 at ucr.edu>.

if you have any jobs/internships/research opportunities for the upcoming year that you'd like to share for our Black scholars, please send them my way so we can share this with our community. We have scholars who are willing to work remote!

Finally, if you're interested in doing any collaborations with us, do not hesitate to reach out.

Onward and Upward,

Jamal J. Myrick, Ed.D.
Director of African Student Programs
Pronouns: He/Him/His
900 University Ave.
133 Costo Hall
Riverside, CA, 92521
Schedule a meeting with me: https://bit.ly/2Qupy8g

[cid:ed469fa1-fc63-4d48-bbbe-65116025e0f2]
"Every moment is an opportunity for progression."
[cid:da4bca37-a392-447e-9f5b-9c47f48621f8]