[ASA_PEWS] Fwd: [GlobalJobs] Recruiting for PhD in Global Studies, University of California Irvine

Christopher Chase-Dunn chriscd at ucr.edu
Sun Sep 10 07:41:58 PDT 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Eve Darian-Smith <edarian at uci.edu>
Date: Sat, Sep 9, 2023 at 11:21 AM
Subject: [GlobalJobs] Recruiting for PhD in Global Studies, University of
California Irvine
To: <GlobalJobs at socsci.uci.edu>

Dear Colleague,

(My sincere apologies for any duplicate postings)

The Department of Global and International Studies at the University of
California, Irvine has a leading doctoral program and we are recruiting
candidates for the interdisciplinary PhD in Global Studies. The program
guarantees 6 years of funding, and international students are welcome to
apply.

Successful candidates will have an excellent academic record, three strong
letters of support, and demonstrate an interest in doing critical and
interdisciplinary research on pressing global issues. If you know
undergraduate, honors, or MA students that you think would be a good fit
for our program, please encourage them to apply at
https://www.globalstudies.uci.edu/grad/admissions.php

I have also attached a recruitment flyer and would be greatly appreciative
if you sent it to your relevant networks. If you have any questions, please
don’t hesitate to let me know.
Best wishes,
Eve
____________________________
Eve Darian-Smith PhD, LLB
Professor and Chair, Department of Global and International Studies
University of California, Irvine, USA

*We acknowledge and celebrate the Traditional Owners of the lands that we
live and work on and pay our respects to the Acjachemen and Tongva Peoples
past, present and emerging.*

* New Book: *Global Burning: Rising Antidemocracy and the Climate
Crisis. *2022,
Stanford Uni Press
* Co-editor of book series with Jon Goldberg-Hiller: "Global and Insurgent
Legalities", Duke Uni Press