[ASA_PEWS] Urgent petition to free political prisoners in Iran

Alessandro Morosin amoro001 at ucr.edu
Thu May 13 15:00:12 PDT 2021

Dear PEWS colleagues:

Some friends of mine are involved in an emergency political campaign to
free Iran's political prisoners now... This international call has been put
out by their family members such as Mariam Claren, and by other Iranian
exiles. I invite you to sign *this petition*:
www.freeiranspoliticalprisonersnow.org. The Iranian regime has been
escalating executions and arbitrary imprisonments of labor leaders,
artists, lawyers, atheists, religious minorities and writers (etc) in
response to recent waves of defiant protest movements in Iran. All
publicity for this campaign and signatures make a difference, but it's
particularly important for people in the U.S. and organizations like PEWS
to lend visible support. (Of course I feel the same way about what's
happening in Colombia, Palestine, Turkey, and throughout the world...)
Thank you!

Video: Emergency Appeal - From Inside the Belly of the Beast
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzy8nnGfGpI>

'Burn the Cage, Free the Birds': Rally in Frankfurt
<https://youtu.be/GAbfA6zX-uI>

[image: image.png]

--
Alessandro Morosin
Visiting Assistant Professor of Sociology, DePauw University