[Allgsacstudents] 2024 UCR Highlander Invitational - Science Olympiad Volunteers Needed!

allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu
Wed Feb 7 07:46:59 PST 2024

Hello there!

My name is Michael Tin, and I am a current UCR Science Ambassador as well as Director of Change in Scientific Importance for Youth (Delta SIFY) at UC Riverside, a student organization at UCR that promotes education and engagement by providing immersive STEM opportunities for students in underserved communities.

On February 17, 2024, we are hosting an in-person Science Olympiad tournament at UC Riverside called "Highlander Invitational<http://scioly.ucr.edu/>." Highlander Invitational is the Inland Empire's premier STEM competition, where middle and high school students from all over California will compete in a thrilling, full-day science tournament.

This is UC Riverside's FIRST EVER Science Olympiad Invitational...and we need your help!!

As this is an entirely student-run project, we are currently looking for volunteers to help out at the competition. We are looking for any undergraduate students, graduate students, or professors/faculty that are willing to help out on the day of the competition. Volunteers would be responsible for grading tests on the day of the competition along with a designated Event Supervisor (ES) for the event. We will be providing lunch as well as verified volunteer hours to all Highlander Invitational volunteers. No experience is required.

If you are interested in volunteering, please visit scioly.ucr.edu/science-olympiad/volunteer<http://scioly.ucr.edu/science-olympiad/volunteer>

We sincerely appreciate every volunteer's contribution to making this event a possibility and promoting STEM education in the Inland Empire!

Best,
Michael Tin (He/Him)
UCR '25 | Science Ambassador
Delta SIFY Co-President