[Allgsacstudents] FW: Exciting Department of the Navy Internship [Cybersecurity and Data Science]

allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu
Mon Sep 27 12:39:04 PDT 2021

From: "Civers, R M (Maurice 53822) CIV USN NIWC PACIFIC CA (USA)" <maurice.civers at navy.mil<mailto:maurice.civers at navy.mil>>
Subject: Exciting Department of the Navy Internship [Cybersecurity and Data Science]
Date: September 27, 2021 at 12:21:47 PM PDT
To: "Civers, R M (Maurice 53822) CIV USN NIWC PACIFIC CA (USA)" <maurice.civers at navy.mil<mailto:maurice.civers at navy.mil>>

Good Afternoon HBCU/MI Community Leaders, Scholars and Allies –

I’m writing to inform you and your team that the application web portal is now open for students to apply for internships supporting the Department of the Navy’s HBCU/MI Cyber and Data Science Internship Program!  The DoN HBCU/MI Cyber and Data Science Program is a dual phased program consisting of a Phase I and a Phase II.

Phase I: January – April 2022 (Participating students have the opportunity to receive mentoring from Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) personnel, either onsite at the designated collegiate institution, via virtual communication or a combination of both)

Phase II: May – August 2022 (College students spend 10 weeks supporting the Department of the Navy’s NIWC laboratories and research centers located in Philadelphia, PA; San Diego, CA; Pearl City, HI; Charleston, SC; New Orleans, LA; or Hampton Roads, VA

To be eligible for the internship, students must be U.S. citizens, currently enrolled in an accredited four-year HBCU/MI with a minimum grade point  average of 3.0, majoring in either of the following:
•        Computer Science, Computer Engineering
•        Cyber Security
•        Information Assurance
•        Data Science (Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence)

In addition, students must have a valid driver’s license and will be required to complete a United States Department of Defense Background Investigation prior to start of the internship.

To apply students must submit all of the materials identified below to the following application web portal: http://www.cyber-iaml-program.com<http://www.cyber-iaml-program.com/>
•        Completed Application
•        Resume
•        Current Unofficial Academic Transcript Validating Proof of Enrollment
•        Two Letters of Recommendation from school faculty

The application web portal will close 1 November 2021.  All applicants are encouraged to apply early as there are a considerable amount of documents needed to successfully complete the application process

Intern Stipends
•        Enrolled Undergraduate Students: $8,500.00 work stipend over a 10 week period during the summer of 2022
•        Enrolled Graduate Students:  $9,500.00 work stipend over a 10 week period during the summer of 2022
•        Separate Travel Stipend (Due to the Global COVID-19 Pandemic, travel may be prohibited at any time, see application web portal for more details)
•        Separate Housing Stipend (Due to the Global COVID-19 Pandemic, travel may be prohibited at any time, see application web portal for more details)

Please see attachment.

All Candidates Must Be U.S. Citizens and Eligible To Receive a Security Clearance at the Secret Level

All the best,

________________________
R. Maurice Civers-Davis
(Interim) Deputy Director,
Department of the Navy’s (DoN) Historically Black Colleges
& Universities/ Minority Institutions (HBCU/MI) Program,
Arlington, VA

Program Director,
NAVWAR HBCU/MI Cyber and Data Science Program

Email: maurice.civers at navy.mil<mailto:maurice.civers at navy.mil>

Dr. Kathryn Uhrich
Dean, College of Natural & Agricultural Sciences
Professor, Chemistry
Fellow of ACS, AIMBE, CRS and NAI
University of California, Riverside
Office: (951) 827-3101  |  Email: CNASdean at ucr.edu<mailto:CNASdean at ucr.edu>

Executive Assistant: Rachel Alvarez  |  Office: (951) 827-4597  |  rachel.alvarez at ucr.edu<mailto:rachel.alvarez at ucr.edu>

Web  I  Facebook  I  Twitter  I  YouTube  I  Instagram

[cid:e7ee9c93-63bb-45b8-96f8-3d41239191bc at prod.exchangelabs.com]