[Allgsacstudents] FW: Upcoming Outreach Events in Jan. 2021

allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu
Mon Jan 4 13:48:42 PST 2021

(Virtual) Cosmic Thursdays Astronomy Lecture - Jan. 7 (Thursday) at 6:30pm PST

Are you a space enthusiast or interested in robotics? Join our lecture to learn about the NASA robotic missions happening at JPL!

  *   Date: Thursday, January 7, 2021
  *   Time:  6:30-7:30 PM PST
  *   Location: Virtual. The event URL can be found at the bottom of the EventBrite registration confirmation email
  *   Topic: The Jet Propulsion Laboratory’s History in Robotic Space Exploration
  *   Tickets: Free but RSVP is required through EventBrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/virtual-public-astronomy-lecture-robotic-space-exploration-at-nasajpl-registration-132350113753> (Note: school-district email addresses and other work emails with firewalls may block the EventBrite messages)
  *   Information: Dr. Xinnan Du at xinnan.du at ucr.edu<mailto:xinnan.du at ucr.edu>
[cid:57270d7c-d40c-48f8-a1db-6907067423a3 at prod.exchangelabs.com]

Virtual Stargazing - Jan. 21 (Thursday), 7-8pm PST

Our virtual stargazing party continues and this time we will be taking a closer look at various surface features of the Moon. Those include the craters, maria, mountains and highlands, and many more! As part of our new 2021 program, we will be including trivia questions and raffle prizes in the virtual stargazing sessions. Join us on Jan. 21 for a detailed tour of the Moon!

  *   Date: Thursday, January 21, 2021
  *   Time:  7:00-8:00 PM PST
  *   Location: Virtual. The event URL can be found at the bottom of the EventBrite registration confirmation email
  *   Topic: Stargazing, featuring various surface features of the Moon
  *   Tickets: Free but RSVP is required through EventBrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/virtual-stargazing-tour-of-the-moon-registration-133081972763> (Note: school-district email addresses and other work emails with firewalls may block the EventBrite messages)
  *   Information: Dr. Xinnan Du at xinnan.du at ucr.edu<mailto:xinnan.du at ucr.edu>

[cid:0dcb1870-b8cb-486a-967f-6dd4a84b7928 at prod.exchangelabs.com]