[Allgsacstudents] FW: Request for forwarding - Graduate student survey

allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Dec 7 11:57:39 PST 2021

From: Weatherton, Maryrose [mailto:mweath13 at vols.utk.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 10:06 AM
To: Maryrose Weatherton <mweath13 at vols.utk.edu>
Subject: Request for forwarding - Graduate student survey

Dear Colleagues,

I am a PhD candidate in the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology department at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. My dissertation focuses on the graduate student experience within life science departments in the United States. I am seeking to collect survey data related to which resources graduate students use, and how often they use these resources.

In order to reach as large of a sample size as possible, I am asking faculty members and staff within life science departments to forward information below the dashed line to graduate students in their departments.

Any graduate student (MS or PhD) in a life sciences program (biology, physics, biochemistry, molecular biology, ecology, etc.) in the United States qualifies for this survey.

Recruitment material is attached to this email and is also found below the dashed line. The survey will take students approximately 5-10 minutes to complete. Please find additional survey information below.  You are under no obligation to send this to students. If you have any questions or concerns related to the study or students' rights as research participants in this project, please contact me (Maryrose Weatherton, mweath13 at vols.utk.edu<mailto:mweath13 at vols.utk.edu>) or a UTK IRB Compliance Officer at utkirb at utk.edu<mailto:utkirb at utk.edu>, 865-974-7697.

Thank you,

Maryrose Weatherton

Hello, Graduate Students.

            I am recruiting individuals to participate in a research survey for my dissertation. The survey will gather information about what resources you use in your graduate program and how often you use these resources. If you agree to participate, you will take a survey that should take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete. Demographic and institutional information will also be collected, but not your name. If you choose to participate in follow-up interviews, a pseudonym will be given to you to protect your identity. The data collected in the survey may be used in a future publication.

            If you are interested in participating, please follow this link: https://utk.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e2nOegErDi1uaIC , which will take you to a Qualtrics survey website. Clicking on the survey link will give you the option to be entered into a drawing for one of twenty $20 gift cards. The survey closes December 15th.

The consent form for this research is attached to this email and is also integrated into the survey. If you have questions about the study or your rights as a research participant in this project, please contact me (Maryrose Weatherton, mweath13 at vols.utk.edu<mailto:mweath13 at vols.utk.edu>) or a UTK IRB Compliance Officer at utkirb at utk.edu<mailto:utkirb at utk.edu>, 865-974-7697.