[Allgsacstudents] UCR Center for Science to Policy - Science to Policy Certificate Course Information Session

allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Sep 29 10:44:34 PDT 2020

[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/CFlGhwLK8J9JStRW12R3K28qtVgpS8sSCnQ3NmX731FGzECYLtto9lZxgzjT19mNdZi16dauWWiW13ilQKgpfYR5qpMbx6it72tID1ONrfzdqcBelfmowXMsUUMv3Fr7TxHDL5YT]Good Morning!
Hello!

We wanted to reach out to your department's diversity, equity, and inclusion group on behalf of the UCR Center for Science to Policy (S2P). We are an organization that acknowledges the importance of scientists participating in public policy, and would love to have graduate students from your group apply for our Winter 2021 Certificate Program. In this course, graduate students gain tools in science policy, education, advocacy, and communication in order to translate science into public policy or transition into policy careers. Having a more inclusive science policy cohort will contribute to the future implementation of well-informed policies that better acknowledge the needs of various groups.

S2P will be hosting an information session about the Certificate Program on October 16th. The information session will be recorded and available to view after the session. A separate Q&A session will be held on October 22nd so that anyone unable to attend the information session can have their questions answered. Interested students can register for the information session here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/science-policy-graduate-certificate-program-information-session-tickets-120678280987>. Please help us spread the word about this event/the Certificate Program by sending this information to graduate students within your group.

For more details about this Certificate Program, and other events that S2P hosts, visit our website: s2p.ucr.edu<https://s2p.ucr.edu/>. Feel free to contact us with any questions you have: s2p at ucr.edu<mailto:s2p at ucr.edu>.

Sincerely,

Science to Policy Student Cabinet