[Allgsacstudents] FW: Advertise for Cosmic Thursdays lecture - Aug. 20 at 6:30pm

allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu
Fri Aug 14 08:06:02 PDT 2020

(Virtual) Cosmic Thursdays Astronomy Lecture - Aug. 20 at 6:30pm PDT

What is dark matter and where can we find it? Have all your questions answered at our Cosmic Thursdays Astronomy Talk! .

  *   Date: Thursday, August 20
  *   Time:  6:30-7:30 PM PDT
  *   Location: Virtual. The lecture URL will be communicated to guests in the EventBrite registration confirmation email
  *   Topic: Everything We Know about Dark Matter

     *   Dark matter pervades the universe, yet its nature remains mysterious: while it gravitates, it does not otherwise interact with normal matter. In this lecture, Prof. Bird will summarize what we know about dark matter, how we know it, what we don't know, and some of the possible options. He will also talk about the possibility that dark matter could be black holes.

  *   Tickets: Free but RSVP is required through EventBrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cosmic-thursdays-virtual-public-talks-on-astronomy-registration-116254709967>
  *   Information: Dr. Xinnan Du at xinnan.du at ucr.edu<mailto:xinnan.du at ucr.edu>

[cid:53fae31a-b498-40c4-b362-c0215080e500 at prod.exchangelabs.com]