[Allgsacfaculty] FW: Invitation: UIRE Speaker Series w/Maggie Yancey from NASA - Wednesday January 10th at 12PM PST

allgsacfaculty at lists.ucr.edu allgsacfaculty at lists.ucr.edu
Wed Dec 20 11:45:31 PST 2023

UC Riverside's Office of Technology Partnerships (OTP)<https://ucrotp.ucr.edu/> is thrilled to invite you to Volume 8 of our University-Industry Research Engagement (UIRE) Speaker Series on Wednesday, January 10th at 12:00 PM. We encourage you to please share this resource - rich opportunity with your CNAS Graduate Students and Post Docs!

If you've ever been curious about collaborating with an aeronautics industry leader, please join expert Maggie Yancey, NASA's Deputy Associate Administrator (DAAR) Space Technology Mission Directorate and Early-Stage Innovation and Partnerships (ESIP) to answer any burning questions you have.

Maggie will unveil NASA's collaborative models with universities, delve into research and sustainability initiatives, and uncover potential research opportunities for faculty.

What you will learn:

  *   Gain insights into industry-university collaborations
  *   Explore research opportunities tailored for faculty
  *   Discover avenues to enhance career prospects for students
  *   Dive into internship programs that bridge academia and industry

What is NASA's Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD)?

NASA's Space Technology Mission Directorate<https://www.nasa.gov/space-technology-mission-directorate/> (STMD) is a key player in the Artemis era that is spearheading cutting-edge technologies on the Moon that will be crucial for Mars missions. Their diverse portfolio supports innovators nationwide, from entrepreneurs to researchers. By collaborating with government agencies and commercial partners, STMD accelerates the development of cross-cutting capabilities, ensuring American leadership in aerospace.

Register for the Zoom Webinar Here<https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJApceqvrTMvEtU5hynHKlJ02_osd7fo_pqN#/registration>
(Event will be recorded)

What is the University-Industry Research Engagement Speaker Series?

Our UIRE Speaker Series is a monthly webinar led by UCR's Office of Technology Partnerships<https://ucrotp.ucr.edu/> that serves as a beacon for faculty who are eager to comprehend the intricacies of University - Industry engagement. Learn how collaborations between universities and industry work, uncover research avenues, and explore opportunities aligned with UCR's SoCal OASIS (tm) Initiative<https://oasis.ucr.edu/>.

Don't miss out on this unique chance to broaden your horizons and foster meaningful connections between academia and industry. Informational flyer attached.

We are looking forward to seeing you at our webinar!
~ Jim

Jim Llano
Associate Director, Corporate & Strategic Partnerships
Office of Technology Partnerships
University of California, Riverside
Office: 951 827-4808 | Cell: 805 264-7828
james.llano at ucr.edu<mailto:james.llano at ucr.edu> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-llano-3143959>
Website<https://ucrotp.ucr.edu/> | Newsletter<https://ucr.us16.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=c25b78da23324d3cacf19f3bd&id=22b6a398fb>
OTP 21-22 Annual Report<https://indd.adobe.com/view/0a4dcc1e-2155-4bda-9f64-4a0e7d0f6839>
[cid:image002.png at 01DA333A.063DBCC0]