[Allgsacfaculty] 2022-2023 Course/Program Proposal – Due Wednesday, November 3, 2021

allgsacfaculty at lists.ucr.edu allgsacfaculty at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Sep 28 15:41:59 PDT 2021

Dear All,

The time has come to submit proposals for the upcoming academic year.  Although you may have received (or will receive) a call for proposals from the Academic Senate listing various deadlines, our internal deadline will be November 3, 2021.  A significant amount of preparation, focus, multidirectional communication, and report requests are required by the EMC in order to successfully meet the various committee deadlines.  Our goal is to get a course approved as early as possible so that we can increase the likelihood of success and finding a general assignment (campus) classroom, if one is needed.  Please submit the following proposals to your contact at the Enrollment Management Center (EMC) as shown in the attached directory.

  *   Changes to existing undergraduate programs
  *   New undergraduate programs
  *   Changes to existing courses
  *   New courses

Both the CNAS Advising and Registrar offices enforce program requirements and course prerequisites for each cohort as indicated in the general catalog published each academic year.  Therefore, any changes to major requirements and/or courses (including prerequisites) will be processed with a fall effective term.  New and/or deleted course requests may continue to be proposed with an off-cycle effective term of winter, spring, or summer as long as they do not affect any other course or major requirement.  If they do we will let you know that the proposal may not get submitted until the subsequent fall when the new catalog is published.

On Thursday, November 4th we will begin processing all proposals.  Those received after November 3rd will be evaluated on a case by case basis.  We will notify you if we were able to process them in time to meet the 2022-2023 academic year deadlines.

Please note that there are no guarantees that proposals will be approved for the 2022-2023 academic year.  Sometimes situations arise beyond our control such as lack of response from a department who is affected by a submission or additional questions/concerns from one of the many committees.  We will do our best to move things along.  We thank you in advance for your cooperation in responding promptly to any follow-up the EMC may ask of you and your faculty.

Please visit the Registrar’s website for additional guidance using the following links.

How Course Proposals Work<https://registrar.ucr.edu/crs/course-proposal>
How Course Proposals are Approved<https://registrar.ucr.edu/crs/routing>
Forms<https://registrar.ucr.edu/crs/forms>
Correctly Format Your Syllabus<https://registrar.ucr.edu/crs/syllabus>

Other helpful Committee links.

Committee on Courses<https://senate.ucr.edu/committees/8>
Committee on Educational Policy<https://senate.ucr.edu/committees/10>

I have attached the most relevant documents to help you get started on this process.  Although not shown as a required field in the forms for New or Revised Course Proposals, a faculty vote date is needed.

If you have any questions or concerns along the way please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

Mayela Girón
Director of Enrollment and Curricular Services
CNAS Enrollment Management Center  |  University of California, Riverside
1140 Batchelor Hall
Riverside, California 92521

Office: (951) 827-5913  |  mayela.giron at ucr.edu<mailto:mayela.giron at ucr.edu>

[cid:image002.png at 01D69C26.B9FE0110]