[Allgsacfaculty] FW: [Student Opportunity]: Naval Horizons - Due January 15, 2021

allgsacfaculty at lists.ucr.edu allgsacfaculty at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Jan 5 13:26:09 PST 2021

Good morning HBCU/MI Community leaders, scholars, and allies –

This message about Naval Horizons, an exciting opportunity for STEM undergraduate and graduate students, is sent along with warm wishes for a Happy New Year on behalf of Mr. Anthony C. Smith, Sr. - Director of the DoN HBCU/MI Program.

Naval Horizons is a video series designed to introduce STEM college students to cutting-edge science and technology topics that impact the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.

Participants are invited to watch the videos, select one topic and share ideas on the current state of the art and a futurist vision of the Navy and/or Marine Corps in the year 2040.  Participants also have the option to submit a statement of interest that will be used to connect them with one of our many Department of Navy scientists and engineers to learn more.  Submissions will be evaluated on a rolling basis and the first 3,000 submissions to meet the evaluation criteria will be awarded a stipend.

Information about eligibility, the due date, and a link to the website is provided below –

  *   Eligibility:
     *   Must be undergraduate or graduate students
     *   Must be Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) majors
     *   Must be enrolled at an accredited college/university
     *   Must be a U.S. citizen
     *   Must be at least 18 to apply to this program
  *   Due date: January 15, 2021 at noon EST.
  *   Website: https://navalhorizons.asee.org/

Please encourage students to participate!

Best,

Cyntrica

Cyntrica Eaton, PhD
Contractor Support, STC
Department of Navy's (DoN)
Historically Black Colleges and Universities/
Minority Institutions (HBCU/MI) Program
875 N. Randolph Street
Arlington, VA 22203
T: 703.696.0439
E: cyntrica.eaton.ctr at navy.mil<mailto:cyntrica.eaton.ctr at navy.mil>

Dr. Kathryn Uhrich
Dean, College of Natural & Agricultural Sciences
Professor, Chemistry
Fellow of ACS, AIMBE, CRS and NAI
University of California, Riverside
Office: (951) 827-3101  |  Email: CNASdean at ucr.edu<mailto:CNASdean at ucr.edu>

Executive Assistant: Rachel Alvarez  |  Office: (951) 827-4597  |  rachel.alvarez at ucr.edu<mailto:rachel.alvarez at ucr.edu>

Web  I  Facebook  I  Twitter  I  YouTube  I  Instagram

[cid:image001.png at 01D6747E.F8521AC0]