[Allgsacfaculty] FW: Upcoming Stargazing - May 6

allgsacfaculty at lists.ucr.edu allgsacfaculty at lists.ucr.edu
Fri Apr 23 12:55:59 PDT 2021

Virtual Stargazing - May 6 (Thursday), 8:30-9:45pm PDT

For this virtual stargazing party, we will be taking a closer look at the spring night sky, focusing on the prominent constellations we can find with the naked eye and observing various types of celestial objects (galaxies, star clusters, nebulae, etc.) inside them through telescopes. A live view of the targets will be presented. Join us on May 6 to explore the spring sky!

  *   Date: Thursday, May 6, 2021
  *   Time:  8:30-9:45 PM PDT
  *   Location: Virtual/YouTube. The event URL can be found at the bottom of the EventBrite registration confirmation email
  *   Topic: Stargazing, featuring live view of the targets
  *   Tickets: Free but RSVP is required through EventBrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/virtual-stargazing-the-spring-sky-registration-150842460861> (Note: school-district email addresses and other work emails with firewalls may block the EventBrite messages)
  *   Information: Dr. Xinnan Du at xinnan.du at ucr.edu<mailto:xinnan.du at ucr.edu>

[cid:8a8bc7a3-1aa4-4290-aa7e-466f5e893e8e at prod.exchangelabs.com]