[Tlc] TLC-photographs

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Thu May 28 13:10:42 PDT 2009

FYI.
Thanks,
justin

    CALL FOR PHOTOS

    SEARAC is seeking photos of families of Cambodian, Hmong, Laotian and Vietnamese descent that illustrate their journey to America, their resettlement experiences in the U.S., and/or of their local community. The collected photos will be showcased in a slideshow to be presented at SEARAC's 30th Anniversary Gala entitled, "Beyond the Mekong: Celebrating our 30 Years of Service within the Southeast Asian Community." The gala will hold on September 26, 2009, in San Francisco, California. Please continually visit SEARAC's website and Facebook page as more information about the gala develops.

    Submission Process

    1)  Prepare photos to be submitted in electronic form to prevent lost or damaged photos.

    2)  For each photo submitted, please include as much of the following information as possible so that we can properly give credit to the photographer and accurately share your stories:

        * photographer's full name
        * year of when photo was taken
        * name(s) of family in photo
        * city and/or state where photo was taken
        * 1-2 sentences describing the photo

    3)  Submit the photos and the requested information (step 2) to soumary at searac.org no later than September 1, 2009.

    4)  Fill out the attached "Photography Permission Form" - please be sure to sign and date the form - and mail to:

        Soumary Vongrassamy
        SEARAC
        1628 16th Street NW
        Washington, DC  20009

    If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact me (information provided below).
    Thank you in advance for your support and contributions. We look forward to your photos and you celebrating our 30th anniversary with us!

    --
    Soumary Vongrassamy
    Education Advocate

    SEARAC 30th Anniversary Gala

    -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

    SEARAC (http://www.searac.org) is a national nonprofit organization working
    to advance the interests of Cambodian, Laotian, and Vietnamese Americans
    through capacity building, advocacy, and education.  SEARAC is proud to work
    with a national network of over 180 Southeast Asian American grant-eligible
    organizations accessible at http://www.searac.org/maa/.

    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed on SEARAC's listserves are solely those
    of the authors and do not necessarily reflect SEARAC's positions.

    SUBMISSIONS: SEARAC invites members to submit materials directly to this
    listserve by sending them to forum at searac.org

    TO UNSUBSCRIBE: To unsubscribe from this listserve please send an email to
    forum-unsubscribe at searac.org.