[Tlc] Fwd: What kind of shoes are they, please?

Charles Keyes keyes at u.washington.edu
Wed Jun 24 10:47:05 PDT 2009

	The Burke Museum at the University of Washington has received a query
about a pair of 'Thai dancing shoes' at a museum in Herne, Germany.
Would anyone on T/L/C be able to identify these shoes that were
clearly never used for dancing.

	Please respond to Becky Andrews (randrew at u.washington.edu) at the
Burke Museum, and cc Stevan Harrell, my colleague who forwarded the
query to me.

Thanks,

Biff
Charles Keyes
Emeritus Professor of Anthropology and International Studies
Department of Anthropology
Box 353100
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3100