[Tlc] L-aas panel

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Sat Jun 13 00:52:46 PDT 2009

FYI.
Thanks,
justin

CLS
Sabaydii Lao,

The Center for Lao Studies (CLS) has been encouraged by the Association for Asian Studies (AAS) to form a panel or roundtable for the next AAS Annual Meeting to be held in Philadelphia, PA from March 25-28, 2010.  The CLS would like to invite scholars in the area of Lao Studies to submit proposals for a panel or roundtable to Dr. Vinya Sysamouth <vinya at laostudies.org> by July 15th, 2009.  A committee of select members of the CLS Board of Directors and the Editorial Board for the Journal of Lao Studies will choose which panel proposal to submit as the CLS proposed panel by July 24th.  The deadline for final submission to the AAS is August 7, 2009.  Please see the excerpt from the AAS call for papers and follow the link below for more information on the call and the correct format for proposals.

AAS Call for Papers excerpt:

On behalf of the Program Committee for the 2010 AAS meeting to be held at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, we are pleased to invite colleagues in Asian studies to submit proposals for Organized Panels, Roundtables, Workshops, and Individual Papers for sessions to be created by the Committee. The Committee seeks sessions that will engage panelists and audiences in the consideration of ideas, information, and interpretations that will advance knowledge about Asian regions and, by extension, will enrich teaching about Asia at all levels.

The AAS seeks to expand coverage of contemporary, social science, and policy-oriented issues in its 2010 meeting with a critical mass of 50 high-profile panels. While maintaining the rich array of panels in other areas characteristic of our annual meeting, we seek more balance through this initiative.  http://www.asian-studies.org/annual-meeting/2010-Call-for-Papers.htm

justinm at ucr.edu