[Tlc] L-question

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 21 13:32:10 PST 2009

Forwarded from the VSG list.
Thanks,
justin

Hello everyone, I'm taking a Vietnam War course with Professor O Connell at UCI. I was trying to find out the attitudes towards Vo Nguyen Giap and his group when they marched through Laos right before the battle of Dien Bien Phu.

Who was in charge of Laos during that moment?
It seemed as if Vo Nguyen Giap just marched in and out with no resistance. Is that true?
What where the reactions of the Laotian community?
What were the reactions of the international community? Did anyone even know that that was happening?

Any explanation or insight would help. Thanks

Scott Nguyen
Business Economic
International Studies
Accounting Minor