[Tlc] C-vietnam relations

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 7 18:10:15 PST 2009

Forwarded from the VSG list.
Thanks,
justin

Dear list,

Could any of you enlighten me on the relations that the Republic of Vietnam had with Cambodia between 1955 and 1970? Did the RVN have any plans to invade Cambodia? Or did the RVN merely want to eradicate the presence of DRV troop in Cambodia? Or Were the border raids that the RVN had along the Cambodian border under US order?

I'm reading Troubled Relations: The United States and Cambodia Since 1870 by Kenton Clymer, and I'm a bit troubled by his treatment of Cambodia and its relations with the US without considering Vietnam. Maybe, I'm being Vietnamcentric.

Thank you for your time.

hoang
PhD student, UW -- Seattle
justinm at ucr.edu