[Tlc] Potential Talk on Muslims in Thailand

Alexander Horstmann Alexander.Horstmann at web.de
Fri Feb 27 00:40:01 PST 2009

Hi,

Imtiyaz, Ray and Chaiwat are among my close friends. By the way, I have done a lot of research on the Thai-speaking Muslim communities in Songkhla Lake and you may have seen some of it in Journals. I have concentrated on ethnic and religious diversity in the Thaleesap area and I prepare a monograph.

Lately, I have become more interested on Islam and especially in religious networks and missionary movements (also in comparison to Buddhist and Christian movements). My current project deals with conversions to fundamentalism by local Muslims.

I would be very interested to spend some time in the US or to collaborate on this topic. Edwin, would you be interested to collaborate on this topic? Justin?

I visited Madison, Wisconsin, and gave a lecture on the involvement of Muslims in Nakhon with the Tablighi Jemaat. It was nice.

In this context, I asked about Shia communities.

Edwin, I am happy to send you my papers and would be very interested to read yours.

Alexander

Hi. First of all, Trais, thanks for alerting me to the existence of