[Tlc] L-Journal of Lao Studies

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 25 20:55:51 PST 2009

FYI.
Thanks,
justin

JLS logo
A Publication of the Center for Lao Studies
www.laojournal.org | www.laostudies.org

Sabaydii Vinya,

It has been an exciting first few months at the Journal of Lao Studies (JLS). Since announcing our first call for submissions in November, we have received many stimulating contributions. They are currently being reviewed by peer-reviewers. For our first issue planned for Fall 2009, we have chosen four articles which will cover the fields of Anthropology, Economics, Literature, and Diaspora Studies. In addition to these articles, we have commissioned three reviews of groundbreaking books in Lao Studies in the fields of History, Art, and Political Science. We also have plans for short summaries of recent events in Laos and an interview with a eminent Lao Studies scholar. Because of the high volume of article submissions for the first issue, we are working on issues two and three, and highly encourage submissions for them.

The Journal of Lao Studies (JLS), published by the Center for Lao Studies, is an exciting new scholarly project which is expected to become the first and most prestigious venue in the many disciplines under the umbrella of "Lao Studies." For more information on the Journal of Lao Studies, please visit the Center for Lao Studies website at www.laostudies.org. To submit an article for consideration, please send to: info at laojournal.org.

Sincerely,

Justin McDaniel, Ph.D. and Vatthana Pholsena, Ph.D.
Main Editors
Journal of Lao Studies
Tel: +1.951.827.4530
www.laostudies.org

P.S. An update on the Center for Lao Studies fundraising campaign. As of today, we've reached $20,000 of our first $25,000 goal.

Have you been meaning to contribute or pledge? There is still time to help us reach our goal! Please help us keep Journal of Lao Studies and our other programs alive as we launch into 2009 in strength. We still need to raise the remaining $5,000 of our $25,000 goal by the end of February. That is only five people giving $1,000 each, 10 people giving $500, or 25 people giving $200.

If you can, please also consider becoming a regular supporter of CLS with a monthly gift of just $15. That's only .50 cents per day to ensure that Lao studies thrives and grows! To sign up for the monthly pledge, please go to: https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d1/default.aspx?wid=23950. Make sure you check the box that indicates "Make my payment a recurring payment." Your credit card will be billed monthly. The process is very easy and will only take a few minutes of your time!

To view a list of our current supporters, please visit: http://laostudies.org/content/view/70/116/

To donate by mail - send your check or money order, payable to Center for Lao Studies, at:

65 Ninth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103 USA
tel: 1.415.874.5578
email: studylao at laostudies.org
www.laostudies.org

Already donated!? Thank you! Please spread the word to your friends, family and colleagues.

justinm at ucr.edu