[Tlc] T-politics/proposal

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 28 08:37:58 PDT 2009

Forwarded from Dr. Charnvit Kasetsiri.
Thanks,
justin

University of Moral and Political Sciences

(UMPS: Thammasat University)

Bangkok 10200, Siam (Thailand)

Your Excellency: Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva,

cc-To Whom It May Concern:

In view of the fact that Your Excellency have announced that you are considering amending the Constitution to promote reconciliation, harmony and democracy, I would like to request that you take the following three proposals into consideration.

First:  To amend the words ‘Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand’ to read either ‘Constitution of the Kingdom of Siam’ or ‘Constitution of Siam,’ in order  to  promote  ‘unity,’  ‘harmony,’ and ‘reconciliation’ in our country,  whose more than sixty million citizens include over fifty distinct ethnic groups with their own languages:  Thai,  Tai, Yuan, Lao, Lue, Melayu, Mon, Khmer, Kui, Teochiu, Cantonese, Hokkien, Hailam,  Hakka, Cham, Javanese, Sakai, Mokhaen, Tamil, Pathan, Persian, Arab, Ho, Phuan,  Tai Yai, Phu Tai, Khuen, Viet, Yong, Lawa, Hmong, Karen, Palong, Museur, Akha, Kammu, Malabari, Chong, Nyakur,  Bru, Orang Laut,  Westerners of various kinds,  people of mixed descent, etc, etc.

Second:  To abolish the Senate, so that the country will have a single legislative body freely elected by the citizenry.

Third: To enact a democratic law reinstating the autonomy and dignity of the ‘Province of Thonburi,’ which were taken away and destroyed by an undemocratic, authoritarian decree in 1961-62.

I very much hope that you will consider these proposals,

Yours sincerely,

Charnvit Kasetsiri

Former Rector

The University of Moral and Political Sciences

(UMPS-Thammasat University)

PS:
Help rescuing Siam and Ethnicity:
www.petitiononline.com/SIAM2008,