[Tlc] TLC-Karen speaker help

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 20 16:05:01 PDT 2009

Dear All,

Are you aware of anyone who speaks Karen very well? I am trying to help a friend. A friend of a colleague of mine is a social worker and they are dealing with a family in which one of the children was kidnapped and turned into a boy soldier and who has witnessed and experienced some very horrific things. They really need to be able to talk to him which they are not yet able to do so effectively and the situation is deteriorating. I am trying to find locate someone for her agency.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I know some Karen Studies scholars, but thought I would send the call out in general to find the "most fluent" person who could help with a phone call to help this family.

Thanks,

justinm at ucr.edu