[Tlc] T-blog

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Wed Apr 15 08:46:52 PDT 2009

Forwarded from a member.
Thanks,
justin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/14/AR2009041402870.html?hpid=news-col-blog
from “In the Loop” by Al Kamen, 14 Apr 09
FOCUSING ON THE FESTIVE
Speaking of Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, peacemaking is always foremost at Foggy Bottom. So on Monday, as the Thai military was out there crushing protesters, she sent this message:
"On this, the beginning of the traditional Thai New Year, it is my great pleasure to wish the people of the Kingdom of Thailand a Happy Songkhran holiday. The United States and Thailand have shared a special friendship for over 175 years. As you celebrate this three-day festival, I offer you the best wishes of all Americans that you and your families may have a joyous and peaceful Songkhran."
Not too joyous for the protesters, with two dead and at least 100 injured. Things were more peaceful yesterday, as it appeared the anti-government folks had surrendered.

justinm at ucr.edu