[Tlc] T-question

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Sat Sep 20 10:20:24 PDT 2008

I recently saw an extraordinary documentary "Buddha's Lost Children" about Khru Bah -- a former Muay Thai boxing champion turned-abbot of a village temple/orphanage in the hill-tribe region. It brought back vivid memories of Kamala Tiyavanich's __Forest Recollections__ (e.g., monks riding horseback, performing marital arts, etc.) I'm wondering if anyone has a pulse on how this film has been received in Thailand. I'm particularly curious to know if there was any 'official' (or unofficial) response from sangha leaders in Bangkok. Are these sorts of practices still being condemned or do sangha officials simply look the other way? Has anyone written about the Golden Horse Monastery?

Thanks,
Todd Perreira
UC Santa Barbara

"Omnia mutantur omnia fluunt, quod fuimus aut summus, cras non erimus." ~ Ovid
(All things are subject to change, all things flow; tomorrow we will not be what we were yesterday or we are today.)
justinm at ucr.edu