[Tlc] L-cultural show

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Wed Sep 3 20:06:13 PDT 2008

FYI.
Thanks,
justin

Dear Friends and Members of LHF,

You are cordially invited to attend the Lao Heritage Foundation's 4th Annual Cultural Show. The event will feature a fashion show of Prince Nithakhong Somsanith's textile collection. Additionally, we will feature traditional dance performances by one of our partner organizations, Lao American Women's Association (LAWA) and the Lao Swan Dance Troupe of the D.C. Metro Area. We will also have traditional musical performances by Thongtanh Souvannapanh and his students.

This year's show will also feature special art work by Reflections Within, a collaboration between an internationally-renowned Lao poet, Mali Phonpadith, and an award-winning photographer, Dede Haas. Also, exquisite Lao textiles will be available for sale. A portion of all proceeds will be donated to the Lao Heritage Foundation.

Authentic Lao food donated by a Lao catering company and the Lao-American community will be served.

Please RSVP at http://www.laoheritagefoundation.org/rsvp/

Sincerely,

Niphasone Souphom
President, Lao Heritage Foundation