[Tlc] T - Consolidating data on village evictions

Nicholas Farrelly nicholas.farrelly at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 16:07:38 PDT 2008

Dear TLC list,

On New Mandala an effort is underway to further consolidate data on village
evictions in northern Thailand (both the upper and lower north). A number of
New Mandala readers have already come forward with interesting and important
details.  We recognise that this is also an issue in other parts of the
country and if our current data collection proves productive we will be
expanding our efforts to other regions. In order to keep the task manageable
we are interested, at this stage, in cases from 1980 onwards.

More information on this effort is available here:
http://rspas.anu.edu.au/rmap/newmandala/2008/09/23/information-about-village-evictions-in-northern-thailand/

If you want to contribute it would be good to include information on the
following:

   - Province, district and village (where known);
   - Date or dates of eviction;
   - Number of people, or number of households, evicted;
   - Reason for the eviction;
   - Government (or non-government) agency or agencies involved;
   - Background to the case; and
   - Any sources (online or otherwise) that provide further details.

Information on evictions will be posted to New Mandala where it can be
accessed as widely as possible.

Thank you for your time and interest.

Best wishes to all,

Nicholas