[Tlc] TLC-conference

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 24 19:45:01 PST 2008

Forwarded from Jonathan Lee.
Thanks,
justin

Dear Colleague,

Greetings from the exotic Island of Bali!

 We have the pleasure of extending to you with this E-mail the information of our forthcoming 3rd SSEASR Conference on the main theme of Waters in South and Southeast Asia: Interaction of Culture and Religion(however, papers on any topic on culture and religion is also equally welcomed)This international Conference of South and Southeast Asian Association for the Study of Culture and Religion (SSEASR) is co-sponsored as a Regional Conference by the parent body, International Association for the History of Religions (IAHR), Member of CIPSH, an affiliate organisation of the UNESCO.

The Conference would be held at Denpasar from June 3 to 6, 2009 in collaboration with Institut Seni Indonesia (ISI) and Universitas Hindu Indonesia (UNHI), Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia. We have already received interests of 180 scholars from 30 countries to join this prestigious Conference. Therefore, we would be pleased if you would present paper on any subject covering the scope of the Conference (as suggested in the First announcement). The information can be seen also at www.sseasr.org and the Registration Form can be filled in online.

At the same time, if you find the opportunity to send the information to the scholars from your region or with academic interest in South and Southeast Asian Culture and Religion, we would appreciate it very much.

If you have any query, please do not hesitate to enquire.

Please see the attached files.

With best wishes,

Thanking you,

Prof I Wayan Rai, PhD.